Sunday, September 25, 2011

Market on the Canal (aka my new home)

Ciao!  Today, September 25th is the last Sunday in the month of September.  This may not mean much to you, but to the Milanese it means the amazing Mercatone dell' Antiquariato sul Naviglio Grande (also know as the Best Flea Market Ever).  This market is set up along the beautiful Canal in the Porta Genova area and takes place the last Sunday of every month. I was incredibly inspired by everything I saw at the market.  It  had such a different feel from all of the flea markets that I have been to back in New York.  Milan is filled with so much history and I honestly believe that all of it can be discovered   at this incredible market.  Aside form the breathtaking display of vintage Prada, Valentino, Missoni and Gucci clothes, bags and shoes, the market was full of cultural trinkets and gadgets that I never would have expected... 
Hand-crafted and pained kitchenware

Antique buttons

Hand-woven Afghan textiles

Vintage telephones
A view of the market from a bridge


Antique instruments

Beautiful vintage chandeliers

Skulls, Renascence paintings, Vintage quill and ink 

No comments:

Post a Comment