Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving from Italy!

As I'm sure you all know, Thanksgiving is strictly an American holiday and therefore Thursday November 24th was just another normal day in Italy.  But, as a group of Americans we could not imagine a year without one of the best holidays! Lisa, the head of the Fit in Milan program, thoughtfully invited us all over to her home for a BIG American style Thanksgiving with a turkey and all!  The food was amazing and the dessert even better!  It was a much needed 'escape' from Italy.  It was such a wonderful night with all of my family here in Italy.  I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving. 

Starting to set out all of the yummy food!

Dessert table:)

Sydney and one of Lisa's beautiful cats

Sydney and I

Elena's beautiful daughter enjoying the Pie!

Dig in!




Group Shot

Everyone was full and sleepy by the end of the night...Binna taking a classic post-thanksgiving nap

2 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine!

    Hope you're enjoying your year in Milan! My name is Nicole Goh, I'm currently a 3rd semester student at FIT and am planning to go to Milan next year for my 5th and 6th semester! Your pictures and posts seem really exciting! I was wondering if I could e-mail you with other questions about the program, as I am still unsure what I am exactly getting myself into and would really love to have your insight :). Thanks!!! my e-mail is: g0nicole@yahoo.com if you could forward your e-mail address to mine that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh of course!! ill send it right now:)

    ReplyDelete